This policy explains
- the information we collect when you use the website or when you contact us.
- how we use your information.
- how we share your information.
- what options you have to control your information.
- your rights relating to your personal information.
- how we communicate changes to this Policy.
Who we are
This Site is run by Mio Piccolo Limited. For legal purposes, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) Mio Piccolo Limited is the “data controller” of the personal information collected through the Site or by phone.
HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect personal information on our website when you.
- create an account on our Site.
- place an order through our Site.
- fill in forms on our Site, for example when you enter a competition or respond to a survey.
- subscribe to our email newsletters.
- give consent to receive our catalogues and other postal mailings.
- give consent to receive information from third party companies.
- we record details of the resources that you access to visit our Site (for example, URL addresses, traffic data etc.).
We will collect personal information about you when you contact us by telephone, e-mail, Live Chat or via social media.
The personal information we collect may include:
- Your name, address and phone number.
- Date of birth.
- Your email addresses.
- Your credit card number.
- Your pregnancy due date.
- Name and ages of children.
- Any other information you voluntarily provide.
We would not knowingly offer or sell our products to children under the age of 16 and would not knowingly collect personal information from them. If a parent or guardian is aware that a child’s personal information has been provided in error, please contact our customer service team immediately and we will remove the details from our database. We reserve the right to ask anyone we suspect to be under the age of 16 to provide details of their age.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Information we collect from you may be shared between all departments within Mio Piccolo Limited and our third-party suppliers and agencies
We will use your information in the following ways:
1. To fulfil the contract you enter when you order goods from us.
- to provide you with an account on our Site, if you choose to sign up for one.
- to fulfil any order that you place with us.
- to collect payment from you.
- to provide you with a receipt, if you ask us to send this to you electronically.
2. To administer and monitor our Site, including to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device
3. To send you relevant marketing information providing you have given us consent to do so.
- This will include marketing communications to inform you of special offers, promotions, new lines and sales. Provide you with online advertising.
- You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you. You have the option to unsubscribe from our mailings and from your personal information being sent to other carefully selected companies by contacting our Customer Services team or requesting our store teams to do this at our store tills. If you personally want to update the details that you have registered with us, or would like to amend your subscription preferences or unsubscribe altogether, you can do this in the “My Account” section of our Site.
4. To respond to your customer service enquiries or requests
If you contact us and or our customer service team, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you telephone us, we may keep a recording of that call for training and monitoring purposes.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share your information with our core service providers and third-party platforms as required for our business to function; for example, fulfilling deliveries, fraud detection, credit risk reduction checks, IT systems support, and internal audits. We also use services offered by Google, Facebook, Instagram and other similar social media platforms to better tailor our marketing communications and for targeted advertising. As part of this process, some personal information, such as your e-mail address, is provided to the relevant third party, however for security purposes this data is “hashed” prior to being shared which means we do not disclose your e-mail but can still enable linking between your social media presence and our Site. We may share your personal data with the police or other companies and organisations assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation and credit risk reduction when permitted or required to by law, or when trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorised transactions, or investigating fraud that has already taken place.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We retain the information you provide for the following periods:
- for as long as you subscribe to receive marketing information.
- for as long as your account is being used and for a period of two years after the date you ceased to use your account, after which period we will anonymise the personal information on file by deleting the personal information. If you decide to order again from us after this period this will be treated as a new account and your transaction history will not be available.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information may be processed by our staff or by the staff of our suppliers to the extent necessary to fulfil your order. By submitting your personal information to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing of your personal information.
We will keep the data which we collect from you on a secure server. Any information you give us relating to credit card details is handled by a PCI DSS compliant third party and encrypted using secure server technology. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access and require our suppliers to do the same.
Where we have given you a password (or where you have chosen one) to access certain parts of this Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask that you do not share a password with anyone.
If you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place please remember to log off after your visit and close your browser.
Your personal information
- You have the right to access your personal data (to ask us what information we hold about you).
- You have the right to ask for your data to be deleted or corrected.
- You have the right to ask us to stop processing your data.
- You have the right to stop receiving marketing from us.
You can contact us at email@example.com
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of this Policy, and if the changes are significant, we may provide you with additional notice such as adding a statement to the homepage of the Site or sending you an e-mail with the update.
Please check this Policy regularly to stay informed.
If our information practices change at any time in the future, we will post the policy changes to the Site so that you may opt out of the new information practices. We suggest that you check the Site periodically if you are concerned about how your information is used.